Some of the most popular chefs from across South Florida will treat guests to the best seat in the house at the annual Out of the Kitchen event hosted by two-time Bravo TV “Top Chef” alum chef Sam Talbot and CBS Miami Entertainment and Lifestyle Reporter Lisa Petrillo in the St. Regis Bal Harbour, April 28, 2017. Proceeds will benefit the cure-focused work of the Diabetes Research Institute at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
The culinary maestros will each have their own chef’s table inside the main ballroom of the resort and simultaneously prepare their signature, specially crafted three-course dinner for their 12 adventurous diners – who won’t know what they’ll be eating until they arrive that evening. Guests will also enjoy a cocktail reception with pop-up restaurants* including BH Burger Bar and Council Oak, and specialty cocktails by LILT Lounge, as well as desserts from Fireman Derek’s World Famous Pies and MDough later that evening.
Returning co-chairing chefs Brad Kilgore of Alter and Dave Hackett of The Biltmore Coral Gables will be joined by following fellow renowned chefs*:
– Chef Wolfgang Birk, Area 31
– Chef Franck Steigerwald & Chef Anatasios Chasekioglou, Atlantikos at the St. Regis Bal Harbour
– Chef Dustin Ward, BLT Prime
– Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli, Glass & Vine
– Chef Sean Brasel, Meat Market
– Chef Bobby Frank, Mignonette
– Chef Adrienne Grenier, 3030 Ocean
– Chef Scott Linquist, Coyo Taco/Olla
– Chef Nicole Votano
– Chef Jamarr Massey, GROWN
– Chef Alex Becker, Kuro
– Chef Mike Pirolo, Macchialina
– Chef Tim Andriola, Timo
– Chef Jhonnatan Contreras, Toro Toro
– Chef Adrianne Calvo, Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant & Wine Bar
– Chef Sebastian Fernandez, 33 Kitchen
– Chef Raul A. Del Pozo, Lightkeepers at The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne
– Chef Fabien Gnemmi, The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
– Chef Dimitris Harvalis, Elia Gourmet
There will also be many food/dining-related raffle prizes, a live auction featuring exclusive getaways and TV show tickets, plus each guest will also receive a copy of Talbot’s new cookbook 100% Real: 100 Insanely Good Recipes for Clean Food Made Fresh.
Talbot, who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a teen, has dedicated himself to advocating for a cure and healthy living, and even co-founded the Beyond Type 1 foundation to help raise awareness and funds for diabetes organizations such as the DRI. Also committed to a cure are event Co-Chairs Amy and Scott Greenwald and Tammy and Steve Klein. The Greenwalds and the Kleins have daughters living with type 1 diabetes and will stop at nothing until a cure is found.
Tickets to Out of the Kitchen are $275 per person and can be purchased online at DiabetesResearch.org/Out-of-the-Kitchen. Sponsorship packages are also available. The St. Regis Bal Harbour is located at 9703 Collins Avenue in Bal Harbour. The cocktail reception begins at 7:30 p.m., and the seated dinner begins at 8:30 p.m. Space is limited; reservations required.
For more information, please call the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation at 954.964.4040.