Who says brunch should only be on Sundays? The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS South Beach recently launched a fantastic Saturday brunch, and we’ve got all the delicious details below.
When it comes to our favorite weekend meal, we love choices. For us, brunch is all about making the most of what’s left of the weekend before Monday (ugh). The Bazaar makes that easy by offering diners a variety of options to satisfy appetites and forget about the coming workweek.
$65 is all that this lavish brunch will set you back. That includes access to a raw bar as well as an array of crudos, ceviches, carbs and desserts. You also get your choice of entree from the following list:
- Croissantini – scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese
- Huevos a la Cubana – fried rice, fresh tomato sauce, bacon, pork belly, banana, huevo frito
- “Torrijas” Spanish Toast – caramelized brioche, vanilla custard, cinnamon puffed rice, tamarind reduction, strawberries
- Eggs Benedict – Canadian bacon, egg 63, hollandaise, lemon air
- Fish in Papillote – catch of the day, alcaparrado sauce, puffed quinoa
- Lomo de Buey con Huevo – hanger steak, fingerling potatoes, sauce Valdeon, huevo frito
Bubbles aren’t included in the cost, but you honestly won’t have room for them with all the food you’re going to eat — especially if you order our two entrees: the Torrijas aka Spanish French toast and the Lomo. Both items are sizable, and we could have easily split just one between the two of us. We’re glad the entrees are big, though, because each dish was too good to share. And then there’s dessert.
The dessert table takes up almost an entire side of the dining room, and you can expect everything from cookies, cakes and the like to finish off your meal (and your hunger). A pastry highlight: the Peanut Butter Foiffle. If you like peanut butter, don’t miss it. Even if you don’t, this waffle might convert you.
Brunch should be an experience, and The Bazaar delivers a quality one. On a beautiful day, nothing beats sitting outside and digging into this elaborate spread. And for $65, it’s one of the best deals in town.